Cloudview NMS is a low-cost network monitoring solution that can also serve as a Management platform for your network devices as well.
Cloudview can do it all, from Server and Network Monitoring to Web application and Agent-less monitoring as well.
One of the biggest benefits of this software on top of all its built-in functionality is its price-point – $295
Its low-cost price-point will shock most and leave many in disbelief as to its monitoring capabilities – so we're here to lay out as many features as we've read about and seen personally.
To start off, here's a quick run down of Cloudview's feature set:
- Auto-Discovery of Network Devices with support for IPv4 and Ipv6
- Highly scalable to hundreds of thousands of nodes and devices (including Mobile devices)
- Historical reporting for up to 3 Months worth of Data for Interfaces and Utilization Rates.
- Monitor any SNMP or TCP/IP capable devices
- Cisco Router MIB Monitoring and Microsoft MIB Native Support
- Integrated MIB Compiler any Private SNMP MIBs
- Create Custom monitoring applications for Custom MIBs
- Local and Remote Graphical Interface for managing Cloudview
- Multiple User Profiles and Accounts w/ Option for Windows Integration
- Support for iPhone/iPad, Android Phones and Tablets and Windows phone for Viewing Web App
- All Major versions of SNMP Supported including: SNMPv1, SNMPv2, SNMPv3 along with AES128 encryption
- Server software can run on Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, Solaris and even Raspberyy Pi.
- Built-in Telnet and Telnet over SSL/SSH/TL-1 for non-SNMP devices.
- Newly Added Proxy SSH functionality for accessing remote servers over SSH securely w/o the need for VPN
- TFTP Server Built-in
- Syslog Server Built-in
- Newly Added Environmental Monitoring Application features in conjunction with WatchDog 15 Server Room Temperature and Humidity Monitor. (Also compatible with Raspberry Pi + DS18B20 Thermometer as well)
- Alarms, Alerting and reporting systems with SMS/Email integration
- Monitor Layer 7 Services including Email, FTP, HTTP/S and others.
- SLA features for Service Providers
- TL1 Northbound interface, TL1 gateway and TL1-SNMP translation software for any SNMP capable device, TL1 proxy.
- XML Northbound interface, XML-SNMP translation software for any SNMP device, XML proxy.
- SNMP Northbound interface, CloudView comes with its own SNMP Agent and supported private MIB.
- and many more options..!
You can view a FULL list of Cloudview NMS's feature set via their official website here.
If you are a service provider or software distributor, Cloudview also caters to OEM's who are looking to customize the interface, support and compilation of custom/private MIBs.
- Supports autodiscovery for both IPv4 and IPv6 devices
- Allows for custom monitoring options – includes templates as well
- Supports mobile device monitoring
- Is a cost-effective solution for smaller businesses
- Interface could use improvement
For being so competitively priced, Cloudview offers features far beyond what we thought it would handle, which is great for admins and engineers who are on a budget.
Network monitoring software no longer has to break the bank, and Cloudview NMS proves that with their sub-$300 price-point.
Windows, Linux, Mac OSX and Raspberry Pi: http://www.cloudviewnms.com/download.html