Cade Network Diagram tool is a very compact (18.4MB Download size) 2D Vector editing Software package that was reviewed in our Top 10 Network Diagram Software article. It has many of the same functionalities as Visio with the ability to create Network Diagrams, Flow charts, Maps, Schemas and much more.
- Dozens of network, infrastructure, and IT-related icons
- Lightweight installation
- Completely free
The software comes prepackaged with Vector Images, Shapes and Blocks to allow you to begin drawing immediately.
Main differences between Cade and other Network diagramming tools are as follows:
- Cade is absolutely FREE
- Web based Integration and Collaboration capabilities.
- Compact and Small Footprint, with a download size of 18.4 MB.
- Optimized and Programmed for Large Scale Vector/Cad Drawings
Cade also has a Server branch of its software to all additional features to be used with the software package including managing Users, Projects and Permissions, along with a Web client to allow viewing of Drawings through a Web Browser.
- This software package has basic functionality for a Very good Price, FREE.
- It also has the ability to be used through the internet for colloborative remote work and sharing of drawings and such.
- Also comes with Pre-bundled Blocks, shapes and Network/Internet Vector images for a drag-n-drop build. Great Export features including exporting to a CAD format.
- The interface almost looks outdated, like a Microsoft Office 2003 type of interface.
- Very little documentation on their official Website, in particular about Automatic Network Scanning and diagramming.
This Software is FREE to use and there is a PRO version of it as well that will run you $387.00 and gives you the added functionality of being able to export to DGN, DXF/DWG, PDF, JPG and EMF formats.
For being Free, this is a very basic Program to get your Network Drawings and Diagrams created quickly.
We would recommend something like this for a very small network where you don't need Automatic scan functionality, where it seems to lack quite a bit.
Cade Network Diagram Software FAQs
What is Cade Network Diagram?
Cade Network Diagram is a software tool used for creating network diagrams. It allows users to create, edit, and export diagrams that represent the components of a network and the connections between them.
What are some features of Cade Network Diagram?
Cade Network Diagram includes features such as the ability to drag and drop components onto a canvas, the ability to create custom components and templates, the ability to add labels and text to the diagram, and the ability to export diagrams in various formats.
What types of networks can be represented in Cade Network Diagram?
Cade Network Diagram can be used to represent a wide range of network types, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and wireless networks.
What are some use cases for Cade Network Diagram?
Cade Network Diagram can be used in a variety of settings, including for network planning and design, troubleshooting and problem-solving, documentation and training, and for creating presentations and reports.
What are the system requirements for running Cade Network Diagram?
Cade Network Diagram can be run on a Windows operating system, including Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
Is Cade Network Diagram free to use?
Yes, Cade Network Diagram is free to use and can be downloaded from the Cade website. However, some features may only be available in the paid version of the software.