With so many computer security software options on the market, finding the exact fit for your business can be challenging. Some tools may lack capabilities, while others may be too expensive and complex to deploy. Plus, having many different tools from different vendors to cover your business's cybersecurity needs can also be overwhelming.
In this article, we will briefly go through the best business security suites. We will review different solutions for different business needs. Some of the business security suites here focus on protecting access, others on protecting endpoints, and others on the data itself.
Here is our list of the Best Business Security Suites:
- NordLayer Network Access A SaaS-based adaptive network access and security solution designed to address business needs.
- GoodAccess A remote access solution that combines a cloud VPN, zero-trust access, and software-defined perimeter.
- Cloudflare’s SASE and Zero Trust A platform that protects hybrid environments via SD-WAN and Zero trust. Includes services like ZTNA, CASB, SWG, cloud email security, and more.
- Bitdefender GravityZone A cloud-based business security suite (EDR and XDR) that protects the business’s networks and endpoint infrastructure.
- Malwarebytes Enterprise security A solution based on different security components, including remote work, ransomware protection, and managed detection and response (MDR).
- ESET PROTECT Enterprise Protection A unified security management tool that comes as a range of software packages for SOHOs, SMBs, or enterprises.
- CoSoSys Endpoint Protector An industry-leading DLP solution designed to protect endpoints from leaking or misusing sensitive data
- TrendMicro One A unified cybersecurity platform capable of connecting data from multiple TrendMicro security applications.
- Avast Ultimate Business Security A suite of tools designed to protect the privacy of users, devices, and applications from multiple threats and risks.
- WatchGuard Endpoint Security A protection, detection, and response solution for businesses of all sizes.
What is a business security suite?
A business security suite is a collection of software utilities designed to protect a business’s networks, endpoints, users, or data. These suites may encompass different utilities that are related to each other and are designed to protect a business from Malware, data loss, ransomware, and even zero-day exploits. A particular characteristic of a business security suite is that it integrates all these security utilities in a single central console so that an admin has all remote control and security monitoring.
Business security suites vary according to the solution, use case and industry. Some of these security suites are built with specific compliance in mind to target specific industries. Additionally, some software suites like these may only be suitable for small office home offices (SOHO) and sometimes for Small-Medium-Business (SMBs). But as a business and network grow, and so do the number of endpoints, security suites should focus on protecting data or endpoints.
Good examples of business security suites that use a name are as follows
- EDR – Endpoint Detection and Response: Endpoint-based detection, analysis, and response to threats and risks. EDR is an improvement of an Antivirus system.
- XDR – eXtended Detection and Response: an evolution to EDR. XDR provides more capabilities, such as network-based detection, user behavior analytics, and more.
- DLP – Data Loss Prevention: a central cybersecurity system that attempts to eliminate risks and threats associated with data. This is similar to EDR software but focuses on protecting data rather than endpoints.
- SIEM – Security Information and Event Management (SIEM): a security solution that helps identify security threats and vulnerabilities. May use user behavior analytics and AI to automate the process.
- SASE – Secure Access Service Edge is a “concept” that describes the convergence of WAN and network security services, such as CASB, FWaaS, and Zero Trust, into a central cloud-delivered service model. SASE is a suite of security technologies.
- ZTNA – Zero Trust Network Access. Often a requirement for a robust SASE implementation, ZTNA is a set of principles and technologies that aim to control user access.
What features should you expect when looking for a business security suite?
As mentioned in the previous section, a business security suite should vary according to business needs.
But generally, Antivirus and firewall are usually the core utilities of a security suite. Advanced “business” security suites may include more functions like spam filters, website authentication, password management, protection against identity theft, anti-ransomware, anti-phishing, remote access controls (i.e., MFA or SSO), or VPN access. These business security suites may include additional capabilities, like backup and recovery, to help improve the security standpoint of a business even more.
Having access to all business security features from a single (central) console allows a much easier and cost-efficient way to implement and manage security. If it is a cloud-based console, it should be more convenient. A business security suite also helps have more transparency and an overview of all the resources of an environment, whether physical, virtual, or cloud-based.
Security suites for larger businesses?
The business security suites described above will help protect business networks and endpoints, but they may be limited for larger businesses. A business security suite designed “for larger businesses” should focus on protecting endpoints or the data itself. This type of solution should also include access to technical support and threat intelligence. More advanced business security services will include services like global proxy networks, website and API protection, or entire SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) platforms.
The Best Business Security Suites
Nord Security, the same company that provides the popular NordVPN, also brings NordLayer, the former service known as NordVPN Teams. NordLayer changed the focus from a pure VPN for teams to a remote access solution. NordLayer is a SaaS-based adaptive network access and security solution for business needs. It is tailored for all levels and sizes of business, including SOHOs, startups, SMBs, to enterprises with multiple networks and endpoints.
- SSO and 2FA support
- Helps with compliance including HIPAA, GDPR, ISO 27001, and PCI-DSS
- Strengthen remote access SASE features
- Create private gateways with dedicated IPs
- Improve access with zero trust
On a basic level, NordLayer provides a business-oriented VPN manager so that admins can control all VPN setups from a central management console. NordLayer allows access to all employees on a business to their awarded VPN service with more than 30 global locations. But NordLayer is more than a VPN manager; in fact, it provides zero-trust remote access with multi-layer security. It also brings to the table some of the core features of the SASE framework.
Starting price NordLayer is available in different subscription plans: starting from Basic ($7 user/month), Advanced ($9 user/month), and Custom (contact NordLayer).
Free trial No free trial is available, but you can schedule a demo to see the product in action.
GoodAccess is a remote access solutions provider. Their main product, “GoodAccess,” is a business security suite that provides zero-trust global remote access to businesses of all sizes. The GoodAccess suite combines three vital security components: a cloud VPN, zero-trust access, and software-defined perimeter.
- Global cloud-based Virtual Network.
- Identity-based access controls.
- Helps with GDPR, SOC2, and HIPAA compliance
- Create a virtual boundary around resources with SDP
GoodAccess provides a self-intuitive dashboard with an overview and total control of remote access to employees and teams. The dashboard also allows managers to add team members, strengthen team security, or troubleshoot via access logs. In addition, GoodAccess also allows managers to instantly deploy a private gateway (from 33 different locations) with a dedicated IP to improve speed or create a backup.
Starting price Four different editions start from Starter (Free), Essential ($4/user/month), Advanced ($8/user/month), and Premium ($10/user/month).
Free Trial Create a GoodAccess account to access a 14-day free trial with all premium features.
3. Cloudflare’s SASE and Zero Trust
Cloudflare is a Content Delivery Network (CDN) and DDoS mitigation service provider. It uses one of the Internet's most extensive global networks to protect all your business's internet-connected infrastructure. Cloudflare uses various software packages or business security suites to protect anything from websites, APIs, internet apps, networks, endpoints, and employees.
- Zero Trust network-as-a-service platform
- Internet-native Zero Trust services via a central platform
- Robust SASE framework to strengthen business security
- Website and API protection
When it comes to protecting your business, Cloudflare provides various options. A SASE platform to secure and improve hybrid environments via SD-WAN and Zero Trust. Their zero trust security services (via ZTNA, CASB, SWG, cloud email security, and more) will help protect the access of apps running on the cloud, SaaS, or on-premise. An additional service to consider when looking at Cloudflare's security offerings is its DDoS protection service and FWaaS (Firewall as a Service).
Starting price Plans and pricing vary according to the software package. You can begin with Cloudflare Zero Trust services for free with their Free Plan or pay $7/user on their Pay-as-you-go Plan.
Free trial There is no free trial, but you can start with the Cloudflare Teams Free Plan.
4. Bitdefender GravityZone
Bitdefender GravityZone is a cloud-based business security suite that protects business networks and endpoint infrastructure from various threats and vulnerabilities, including malware, data breaches, ransomware, phishing, and more. Bitdefender GravityZone was designed to provide Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) capabilities for small-to-medium businesses. It helps SMBs protect their entire infrastructure throughout the whole threat lifecycle.
- Patch management
- Next-gen Antivirus detection and protection
- Mobile support
- Device encryption.
- Automated detection and response
Bitdefender also offers enterprise capabilities via the GravityZone Business Security Enterprise. This solution protects enterprises by integrating with Security Event and Incident Visibility. GravityZone Business Security Enterprise also combines EDR security with eXtended Detection Response (XDR), incorporating risk analytics and hardening.
Starting price GravityZone comes through different software packages. A budget-easy business security suite from Bitdefender GravityZone, to begin with, is GravityZone Business Security, starting at $258.99 (one-year subscription).
Free trial Try GravityZone Business Security Enterprise through their free trial.
5. Malwarebytes Enterprise Security
Malwarebytes, from Malwarebytes Corporation, is originally a robust anti-malware solution for home and small office deployments. It has been a favorite anti-malware solution for a long time and has now grown into business security suites and solutions. Their Malwarebytes Business Security suite range in different capabilities and can protect businesses of all sizes, from SOHO to SMBS to enterprise.
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Ransomware Prevention with EDR
- Incident management and response
- Threat detection and remediation services with MDR
The Malwarebytes Business Security suite comprises three different security components: remote work, ransomware protection, and managed detection and response (MDR). A highlight is the remote work feature which is designed to protect employees’ endpoints and their data. It protects from brute force attacks, controls USB devices, protection from malicious websites, and more.
Starting price Pricing varies according to the number of devices and servers. Malwarebytes for Teams start at $37.49/device/year. Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection at $69.00/device/year and Malwarebytes Detection and Response at $84.99/device/year
Free trial Sign up to request a free Malwarebytes Business trial
6. ESET PROTECT Enterprise Protection
ESET is a leader in malware protection and internet security multi-platform solutions. ESET is the developer of the popular old-time antivirus known as NOD32. They have now grown from being a simple A/V solution into a provider of robust business security suites for businesses of any size, from SOHOs, and SMBs, to enterprises.
- An easy-to-use central console
- Access to ESET’s lab threat intelligence
- Detection and response
- Authentication and Encryption
- Endpoint Protection
- World-class malware detection
ESET PROTECT — one of their business security suites, is a unified security management tool for various operating systems deployed across environments (from on-premise to cloud). It comes as a range of software packages for SMBs, from ESET PROTECT Entry, Advanced, to Complete (for larger businesses). In addition, ESET PROTECT also provides enterprise solutions, including XDR, MDR, and Mail Plus.
Starting price ESET provides a wide range of tools. To get a tailored solution that fits your specific needs, contact an ESET sales representative.
Free trial Try the ESET Enterprise protection bundle for 30 days.
7. CoSoSys Endpoint Protector
CoSoSys Endpoint Protector provides industry-leading Data Loss Prevention- DLP software. It is an excellent option for businesses looking for (on-premises, virtual, cloud, or SaaS) security suites with comprehensive data protection for enterprises like portable storage devices, mobile endpoints, or cloud-based services. A DLP solution like CoSoSys Endpoint Protector provides various tools and processes designed to prevent sensitive data from being misused, lost, or accessed by unauthorized users.
- Enforce and monitor encryption
- Device monitoring and control
- eDiscovery to scan data-at-rest
- Content-aware protection
- Real-time alerting & reporting
- Integrate with SIEM
Endpoint Protector will discover and classify sensitive data and identify policy violations (typically driven by compliance). It will help businesses comply with GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS, CCPA, and LGPD. Their Endpoint Protector discovers data, blocks unsafe USB drives, and safeguards network endpoints’ from insider threats and IP theft. In addition, it also provides end-to-end PHI, PII, and source code protection.
Starting price Pricing is not listed on the CoSoSys official site. Contact sales to request a customized quote.
8. TrendMicro One
TrendMicro is an industry leader in cybersecurity solutions, providing a range of capabilities, including enterprise (hybrid) cloud security, network security, user protection, and detection and response. TrendMicro has been recognized as a leader in business security suites by industry experts like Gartner and Forrester.
- Managed XDR and incident response
- Built-in support for zero-trust
- Supports AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud
- Powered by more than 250 million global sensors
- Executive risk dashboards
- Endpoint, email, and mobile security
Trend Micro One is their unified cybersecurity platform, capable of connecting data from multiple TrendMicro security applications. It seamlessly integrates with Trend Micro Cloud One, Workforce One, Network One, Vision One, and Service One. TrendMicro One (with its integrations) would include hybrid cloud security, network security, user protection, and Extended Detection and Response with attack/risk management. All these capabilities are powered by Artificial Intelligence and global threat intelligence.
Starting price For pricing information, contact TrendMicro’s sales representative.
Free trial Try TrendMicro’s Apex One— all-in-one endpoint security, through its free SaaS trial.
9. Avast Ultimate Business Security
Avast is an internet security applications developer known for its renowned Antivirus and VPN services. They also develop a range of cybersecurity (free and paid) products, including computer security, browser protection, firewall, anti-phishing, anti-spyware, and anti-spam—their cybersecurity solutions work for different business sizes, including SOHO, SMBs, and MSPs.
- Protect devices with Avast antivirus
- Use a firewall, wifi inspector, and remote access shield
- Behavior-based machine learning and AI-enabled tools
- VPN and Password protection
- Patch management for Windows systems
- Protection from Ransomware
Avast Ultimate Business Security is a suite of tools designed to protect users' privacy, devices, and applications from Malware, ransomware, zero-day and sophisticated cyberattacks. It is designed for SMBs ranging from 11 to 100 seats. Avast also provides a single console to manage all devices remotely and centrally.
Starting price Avast Ultimate Business Security pricing begins at $60.41/seat/year. Contact the Avast sales team to get a customized quote.
Free trial Sign up to request a free Avast Ultimate Business Security 30-day trial.
10. WatchGuard Endpoint Security
WatchGuard (formerly Panda) is an industry leader in integrated and multi-functional threat management appliances. Their security devices are fast, intelligent, and capable of scanning for massive numbers of threats in real-time. WatchGuard has extended its portfolio and now provides various products and services, including Network Security, MFA, Secure WiFi, and Endpoint Security.
- Next-gen antivirus
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- DNS filtering solutions
- Patch Management via add-on
- Full disk encryption via add-on
WatchGuard Endpoint Security is a world-class protection, detection, and response software for businesses of all sizes. It can safeguard endpoints against a wide range of threats, including zero-day malware, ransomware, Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), phishing attacks, file-less malware, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs), and in-memory exploits. All WatchGuard’s functionalities can be accessed and controlled via a remote cloud-based interface. This interface gives admins a detailed look into endpoints and detects abnormal behaviors.
Starting Price Pricing is not officially listed on the WatchGuard Endpoint Security site, so you’ll have to request a quote.
Free Trial Sign up to request a 30-day free trial of WatchGuard Endpoint Security.
Business security suites vary according to business needs, size, and even industry. There is no one-size-fits-all solution that will adapt to the needs of your business. There are solutions only suitable for SOHO with VPN and antivirus management; others will focus on larger enterprises by protecting endpoints, networks, and data. Other security suites will change the approach and focus on safeguarding remote access.
In this business security suites article, we reviewed different software packages or solutions, including EDRs, XDRs, DLPs, SASEs, and ZTNAs. NordLayer and GoodAccess are alternatives for remote access (with ZTNA). Other security suites like Malwarebytes, ESET PROTECT, and Bitdefender focus on protecting endpoints.