These nine backup services come equipped with Amazon AWS ec2 integration without any extra fuss.
Here is our list of the best AWS ec2 Backup Tools:
- Vembu BDR Suite for AWS – FREE TRIAL This backup and recovery system presents options over hosting and provides different backup solutions. Runs on Windows Server or Linux, or it can be accessed as a SaaS package. Access the 30-day free trial.
- Acronis Cyber Protect – FREE TRIAL This security-focused solution combines a highly secure backup environment with anti-ransomware technology. Start a 30-day free trial.
- N-able Cove Data Protection A database backup solution prioritizes ease of use while also delivering a reliable backup tool. In addition, a collection of readily available security and recovery options is included in the package.
- Ottomatik A simple approach to SaaS backups that can be rapidly deployed and set up while delivering a set of valuable capabilities.
- Clumio An enterprise-grade backup as a service solution comes in two parts: security, reporting, and compliance, and the other for backup.
- Commvault Backup and Recovery Provides a single management point for various data sources that can be integrated and managed as a whole from a single solution.
- Comet Backup A backup platform with several valuable features, such as ‘chunking' technology, compresses data for faster delivery and fewer bandwidth and storage requirements.
- Quest Rapid Recovery This solution can quickly restore your archived Amazon instances if recovery times are your top concern among the various backup solutions.
- Iperius Backup A robust backup solution with complete restoration and encryption features and integration with other Iperius products.
- MSP360 Managed Backup A highly scalable SaaS cloud-based backup solution with a range of valuable features that work smoothly with Amazon AWS ec2.
Amazon AWS ec2 provides one of the most reliable and secure cloud services while remaining perfectly scalable, but as with any data repository, it's essential to back up the data. Whether through accident or targeted attack, it can always be lost no matter how fast a solution might seem. AWS ec2 provides the perfect place to store your backup data since it is a scalable cloud destination.
Regardless of whether you're backing up your data to an AWS ec2 instance or backing up the data held within an AWS ec2 instance, you’ll need a third-party tool to handle the backup operations. This is where this article can assist you by providing you with a comprehensive list of the nine best AWS ec2 backup solutions.
Using AWS ec2 as a backup destination
Some products on this list provide the option to use an Amazon AWS ec2 instance as a backup destination. This is as simple as configuring the AWS ec2 instance to receive the data. These solutions are best if you need your data to be held elsewhere – likely on-prem, and require a scalable cloud location to backup towards. The draw for these products is the speed at which they can backup and restore your data and the individual features that come as standard.
Backing up AWS ec2 instances
Other products on this list approach the solution from the other direction and provide more direct integration with AWS ec2 to backup your cloud instances. While these solutions often rely heavily on the AWS integration itself as a significant feature, note that almost all of them can also use AWS ec2 as a backup destination – thus ticking both boxes if you are so inclined.
The Best AWS ec2 Backup Tools
Vembu BDR Suite for AWS is a package that backs up EC2 instances and provides a mechanism to restore files or the entire instance. The service has an agent that is integrated into the AWS platform that just needs to be activated within an account to get instances covered. The controller for the BDR Suite can be hosted on-premises or accessed as a SaaS package.
- Application specific or instance-wide
- Periodic or continuous
- Free to use for up to 10 EC2 instances
- Choice of on-premises or SaaS versions
- Constant activity reporting
The BDR Suite system will install on Windows, Windows Server, or Ubuntu Linux. The SaaS package is hosted by Vembu and the company also offers a storage option as an added extra. However, you don’t have to go with that location for your repository if you prefer to use your own servers or other cloud platforms. You can choose the frequency and type of backup and you can also coordinate backups across EC2 instances.
- Offers a full suite of BDR tools
- Supports full and incremental backups
- Leverages agentless technology to perform backups with minimal performance impact
- Supports offsite backups
- Better suited for small to medium-sized networks
Price: Whether you prefer the SaaS version, which is called Vembu Cloud BDR Suite, or the on-premises software package, the pricing structure is exactly the same. The Free plan covers up to 10 EC2 instances and the Standard plan is priced at $30 per instance per year, or you can get a perpetual license with 1-year support included for $75 per instance. Taxes applicable in your location are added to these prices.
Free Trial: You can get a 30-day free trial at the Vembu website.
Acronis Cyber Protect is a cloud-based extension of the Acronis Cyber Backup system, featuring complete AWS connectivity. The solution may be readily connected to AWS to give Acronis Backup Cloud functionality. Deduplication and a web-based administration interface are also employed to ensure that your backup storage solution is correctly optimized.
- Highly secure backup
- Storage optimization console
- Multi-level administration
- Off-host operations
- Subscription licensing
Furthermore, the solution has several controls to ensure that unauthorized access is minimized and that data loss or disclosure is avoided. The software encrypts your databases and contains a set of tools for creating admin roles and user constraints for greater internal security.
- Can clone via scripts and automated scheduling
- Ideal for enterprise environments
- Is easy to use without sacrificing advanced features
- Available for Windows and Mac, a great cross-platform solution
- Advanced features may take time to fully learn and utilize
Free Trial: On the website, a 30-day free trial of the service is available.
Price: The products can then be sorted by scale and characteristics to discover the best deal. In addition, the Advanced edition adds features like flexible deployment and VM snapshots, which may be beneficial depending on your backup requirements.
3. N-able Cove Data Protection
N-able Cove Data Protection is a web-based backup solution that combines your backup requirements with a desire to make backup solutions as convenient and straightforward as feasible. N-able Cove Data Protection has a full archiving feature and a file restoration utility for recovering corrupt or destroyed information.
- SaaS backup platform
- Central dashboard
- Archiving without extra costs
- Recovery testing
- Physical & virtual backups
Backups of physical and virtual servers are offered, and recovery testing options for future-proofing the solution. You can also examine and configure all of your data backups from a single web dashboard. In addition, the key features are full Office 365 integration and support.
- Cloud-based backup solution
- Can backup the individual VMs, or the entire server
- A simple console helps highlight important issues
- Supports multiple vendors and backup locations
- Designed for larger networks and system administrators
Free Trial: The website offers a 30-day free trial to test the features and backup capabilities.
Price: Aside from the free trial, there are several premium service options to choose from to guarantee that your Amazon AWS ec2 integration is handled correctly. For a tailored quote on cost, you'll need to contact the company directly and discuss your AWS integration requirements.
Ottomatik takes a more straightforward approach to a SaaS backup solution by offering a set of focused, fast, and dependable capabilities. Installation and integration are quick and painless, as is recovery, with what amounts to a “one-click” option to restore data.
- SaaS backup platform
- Fast installation
- 1-click recovery options
- Team management
- Data encryption
The solution includes several security elements as well as team management tools. You can, for example, build custom logins for each team member and break down role permissions while encrypting and key-authenticating data.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Great for quick backups
- Ideal for recovering small environments quickly
- Not the best option for larger networks
Free Trial: There is a free trial of the service available on the website.
Price: The service options are separated into four categories, each purchased in monthly or annual installments. The Lite edition costs $14 per month and includes 1GB of hosted storage. The Startup plan is $39 per month and includes 5GB of storage. Finally, the Professional and Enterprise versions, which cost $79 and $139 per month, respectively, increase storage to 10GB and 15GB.
Clumio offers an enterprise-grade AWS backup service split into two parts: the backup solution itself and Clumio Discover. This add-on product optimizes and gives you more visibility into your backup instances. Clumio Protect, the primary backup product, supports Amazon EC2, EBS, and RDS data.
- Granular recovery options
- Rapid data restore
- Front-end user orchestration
- Data compression and encryption
- Compliance reporting
Clumio Protect has several security features, the majority of which are geared against ransomware prevention and a backup recovery suite that includes granular recovery choices and quick data restoration. Clumio Discover also ensures that you stay compliant with reporting and auditing functions.
- Enterprise-focused backup service
- Includes compliance reporting as well as built-in audits
- Can handle large volumes of data
- Built for enterprises – not viable for small businesses
Free Trial: Both programs are packed together and can be downloaded as a free trial from the Clumio website. The service is also available in a permanent free version with limited functionality and a free AWS package that can be installed.
Price: The entire product is available as part of the Enterprise package, which starts at $0.045 per GB per month and includes all available features. You can also personalize your bundle by contacting the provider directly for a price quote based on your specific feature set and capacity needs.
6. Commvault Backup and Recovery
The Commvault Backup and Recovery solution acts as a single backup point for various data sources that may be combined into a single solution. Furthermore, the solution simplifies both cloud and on-premises backup settings by utilizing the command center, a unified dashboard suite for management and monitoring.
- Comprehensive data backups
- Granular data recovery
- High-performance integrations
- Ransomware protection
- Central dashboard
The device provides high-speed granular recovery and high-performance backups. A high level of data security is also provided by the combination of built-in ransomware protection and encryption levels. It also interacts with various other Commvault products as part of the Intelligent Data Services bundle.
- Provides a streamlined and centralized backup solution
- Ideal for companies with multiple sites, or MSPs
- Supports multiple data sources
- Can backup to and from cloud services
- Better suited for larger environments
Free Trial: The Commvault website offers a free trial of the company's entire data security suite, including Backup & Recovery.
Price: For a customized quote on pricing for the complete subscription, you'll need to contact Commvault directly.
7. Comet Backup
Comet Backup is a multi-functional all-in-one backup solution. It comes with AWS ec2 cloud integration for disk and partition backup, Office 365, and MongoDB services hosted in the cloud. Thanks to filing encryption and client-side deduplication technologies, backups are also speedy and safe.
- Incremental forever backup model
- Integration API
- Secure encryption
- Client-side deduplication
- Data compression technology
Comet also provides incremental backups, which use ‘chunking' to divide data into compressed and encrypted chunks for more accessible storage and transmission. Comet Backup also offers an API that may increase its data sources integration.
- Chunks data to compress it faster during replication/backup
- Ideal for networks with bandwidth constraints
- Is easy to use
- A solid option for fast recovery
- Best suited for smaller database environments
Free Trial: A 30-day free trial is available to evaluate the product's functionality in your company environment. The Amazon AWS ec2 integration is provided as Disk Image Backup, MongoDB for databases, or Office365.
Price: The service's total cost is broken down according to individual data set requirements.
8. Quest Rapid Recovery
Quest Rapid Recovery is a backup and recovery solution with a fast recovery focus and includes Amazon AWS ec2 archival recovery integration. In addition, the solution provides database snapshots with built-in compression and deduplication methods to reduce capacity demands.
- Amazon AWS archival support
- Block-level snapshots
- Fast restore technologies
- Integrity checks
- File prioritization systems
Backup protection systems with verified recovery check that backups are functional and recoverable in the current environment, basically performing recovery testing through verification. The solution extends to Amazon-hosted archived content, even when held through a virtual platform, and delivers quick recovery times with no impact on your users.
- Sleek and easy to navigate dashboard
- Can replicate and recover virtual environments
- Can replicate or mirror data for major cloud providers
- Supports most local storage solutions
- The Linux version isn’t as easy to configure as Windows
Free Trial: Quest Rapid Recovery offers a free trial on its website to examine the solution's full capabilities and ensure it meets your backup requirements.
Price: For a complete quote on pricing based on your personalized requirements, you'll need to contact Quest directly; consider that Amazon AWS ec2 integration requires at least the Rapid Recovery Core package.
9. Iperius Backup
Iperious Backup is a powerful backup solution that offers both a free and a premium edition with Amazon AWS ec2 backup compatibility. The AWS integration setup is easy to perform and handled directly through the UI. In addition, the solution offers a central management suite that allows you to define precise backup parameters and monitor your backup activity.
- Simple AWS integration
- Incremental backups
- AES 256 encryption
- Backup scheduling
- Iperius Console integration
Complete database backups and restores and full AES 256 encryption, scheduling options, and other helpful management features are all accessible. Iperious also has several different products that can be used with the Backup service.
- Supports integrations into cloud services like Google Drive, OneDrive, and Amazon S3
- Automatically encrypts backups using AES-256 bit encryption
- Supports database formats like MySQL and PostgreSQL, making it a solid choice among DBAs
- Could use an updated interface
Free Trial: A free trial is offered for the Advanced version, which is required for database backups and Amazon integration.
Price: The Advanced version's permanent license costs around $230. The Full edition, which enables various more data sources to be singularly combined into a central solution, costs around $350.
10. MSP360 Managed Backup
MSP360 Managed Backup is a multi-platform, scalable backup and disaster recovery system designed to handle large-scale cloud backups. Snapshot backups, item-level restore, and recovery testing are just a few of the features that improve your security and recovery.
- Cloud-focused backup
- Flexible licensing
- Central management portal
- Snapshot backups
- Recovery testing
A central management site gives you complete control over your backup services. Additionally, because of the SaaS business model, even financing is incredibly flexible, as expenses increase according to your demands, and pricing is acceptable regardless of the complexity of your business backup requirements.
- Highly scalable – great for fast-growing MSP and enterprise companies
- Features various multi-tenant options
- Integrates well with Azure and other cloud providers
- Can combine with other offsite backups for full BDR coverage
- Better suited for MSPs
Free Trial: A free trial of the product is provided on the company's website.
Price: From cloud solutions to desktop and server imaging, various configurable licensing options are available based on your specific needs and data source support. You can also get a personalized quote from the company's website based on your unique business specifications.