Automic Automation is a service orchestration and automation platform that effectively automates your complex and diverse range of technologies, applications, and platforms to help you deliver value.
It can effectively help you to manage complex workflows across business apps, ERP systems, diverse platforms, right from multi-cloud, micro-services to the mainframe. Automic Automation provides the much-needed reliability, speed, and agility to promote seamless business automation. It provides good data governance, self-service, and scaling functionalities to streamline big data pipelines.
With the automation and orchestration capabilities, Automic accelerates your digital transformation and helps you scale efficiently. It supports automation-as-code technology and offers good scalability, self-service, and upgrades with zero downtime.
Here is our list of the best Automic Alternatives:
- ActiveBatch Workload Automation – GET DEMO This job scheduling and task automation package that is useful for DevOps environments. Available for Windows, as a virtual appliance, or on a private cloud.
- Control-M A workflow orchestration platform for CI/CD pipelines that includes SLA management utilities. Installs on Windows and is also available as a cloud service.
- JAMS A flexible job scheduling service that can interface with other tools through integrations. Installs on Windows Server.
- IBM Workload Automation An automation platform that can coordinate actions in third-party packages across sites and in the Cloud as well as managing workflows. This is a cloud-based platform.
- Stonebranch A SaaS platform that offers event-based scheduling over on-premises and cloud-based tasks for DevOps environments.
- AutoSys This is a DevOps project supervision system that can work with tasks carried out on-premises or on cloud platforms. Installs on Windows or on a private cloud account.
- Red Hat Ansible This task automation system can be used for configuration management and device onboarding plus secure remote access. Installs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Azure DevOps Server A great DevOps environment run on the Azure cloud platform that includes development and project management tools.
- Redwood RunMyJobs This SaaS-based job scheduler and workload automation service is particularly useful for managing ERPs.
- OpCon A cross-platform job scheduler that can handle more than 140,000 jobs simultaneously. This is a cloud-based system.
Why look for Automic Alternatives?
Though Automic Automation is agile, reliable, and faster, it can be quite expensive if the end-users ramp up the resources as per their needs.
Another downside of Automic Automation solutions is the lack of customer support. Most modern automation tools offer 24/7 customer support and frequent health checks by a dedicated IT team. Such proactive support is what makes the tool reliable and trustworthy.
In this post, we have summed up reviews of the Top 10 Best Automic Alternatives:
Top 10 Best Automic Alternatives
ActiveBatch Workload Automation is powered by a strong automation engine that allows you to orchestrate any process via a central control pane. In less time, the tool helps you build low-code, reliable end-to-end IT and business processes with the help of fast drag-and-drop actions. Apart from orchestrating workflows, ActiveBatch Workload Automation also improves existing scripts and allows you to integrate any app through API.
Key Features of ActiveBatch Workload Automation:
- Optimizes IT workflows with its intuitive and advanced automation and scheduling capabilities.
- Improved service levels through intelligent resource optimization.
- Spees up troubleshooting with real-time alerting, monitoring, and accessibility on the go.
- Gets unified control over processes and policies for easy compliance.
- Provides version control and rollbacks, audit trails, and access management integrations to provide multiple layers of security for your workloads and data.
- Offers an intuitive workflow designer and a rich set of integrations to boost performance and get in-depth visibility into processes.
- Can be leveraged for business process automation, IT process automation, ETL automation, MFT automation, and more.
- Support for triggers based on schedule and events.
- Features Job Step Library and Low-code GUI.
ActiveBatch is the best Automic Alternative due to the fact that it offers server-based pricing. The client has to pay for execution agents and job schedulers depending on their business needs. ActiveBatch offers all version upgrades and unlimited user access. But in Automic, you have to buy agents for each connection needed, which makes it expensive. Schedule a free demo here.
ActiveBatch is our EDITOR'S CHOICE
Get a demo of ActiveBatch: advsyscon.com/en-us/demo/get-started
Control-M is another best Automic Alternative that simplifies the orchestration of application workflows. It makes it easier to define, manage, schedule, and monitor workflows so as to improve SLAs and get deeper visibility into processes. It is the best solution for the management of complex business workflows.
Control-M offers various functionalities to help you build, define, monitor, and schedule production workflows. The tool can be deployed as a service or on-premises. You can integrate it with GCP (Google Cloud Platform), Azure, and AWS, as it can simplify workloads throughout your multi-cloud and hybrid environments.
Key Features of Control-M:
- Embed workflow orchestration right into your CI/CD pipeline to accelerate new business applications towards production.
- Provides full control over file transfer operations with the help of integrated intelligent file visibility and movement.
- Has a Jobs-as-Code approach to help you scale collaboration between Dev and Ops team.
- Manages big data workloads efficiently to get data-driven results.
- Offers advanced workflow orchestration capabilities and can connect to any data source, any application, and any critical record system.
- Intelligent predictive analytics promotes proactive SLA management.
- Solid support for compliance, governance, and audits.
Website Link: https://www.bmc.com/it-solutions/control-m.html
JAMS is an enterprise-grade workload automation solution that simplifies and manages IT processes right from scripts, batch processes to complex cross-platform workflows comprising jobs from multiple applications and servers.
With JAMS, you can effectively define, execute, schedule, and monitor jobs- all via a single intuitive console. Having a centralized control saves enterprise money and time; helps meet compliance standards and mitigate risks to help businesses deliver value. Jobs running on cloud resources, on-premises, or in multi-step workflows execute seamlessly and securely throughout.
JAMS is a flexible tool that can meet the needs of any enterprise, regardless of its size. It has a reliable and robust engine with alerting features that trigger when a workflow fails in remediation. Plus, it offers solid support from a team of expert engineers.
Key Features of JAMS:
- Orchestrates critical business workloads with the help of a centralized set of tools.
- Flexible features help you automate business intelligence, ERP processes, scripts, ETL, and file transfers seamlessly.
- Get information alerts in case of job failure.
- In case of outages, automatically failover to other job schedulers.
- Can distribute jobs to multiple resources to keep up with peak demands.
- Automatically rerun jobs before accepting the failure status.
- Run recovery jobs to mitigate risks.
- Offers clear security roles to schedule and edit jobs.
- Gives right access to the members of off-board, onboard, and automation teams accurately.
- Aligns the automation practices with your regulatory requirements and business policies.
- Financial batch processing allows you to centralize job management via a single console.
- ERP Automation allows you to dynamically connect jobs to make sure they only run when the prerequisites are met.
- Security features allow you to run FTP, ETL, and EDM processes through myriads of servers.
- Execute jobs in parallel or in series.
- Repeat same jobs with the help of series of input variables.
- Automate jobs on any platform, be it Windows, UNIX, Linux, OpenVMS, IBM, and zOS.
- Features native application integrations to execute jobs specific to BI tools, databases, and ERP systems.
- Maintains in-depth audit trails and logs of every single execution.
- Code-driven approach promotes automation for skilled DevOps teams.
- Can automate jobs across all scripting languages, APIs, and platforms.
- Responsive customer support team.
Website Link: https://www.jamsscheduler.com/
4. IBM Workload Automation
IBM Workload Automation is a power-packed, all-in-one solution for batch and real-time workload automation. It is available for processes hosted in the cloud or those on distributed mainframes.
IBM Workload Automation is one of the best Automic Alternatives that can optimize and automate complex IT workflows to boost efficiencies. It is an analytics-based solution that can drastically boost the way you simplify and manage business processes. IBM solution also comprises an intuitive and powerful dashboard and modern streamlined container architecture to simplify the management and deployment of workloads.
Key Features of IBM Workload Automation:
- Optimizes workload management by leveraging IBM’s predictive analytics and centralized management.
- Reduces cost of ownership and other costs by eliminating the need for manual tasks for your central server.
- DevOps toolchain allows for greater development agility and integrations to promote business agility.
- Allows customization of workload dashboards with inbuilt widgets.
- Provides governance and autonomy functionalities to Dev and Ops teams along with individual dedicated interfaces.
- Supports integration between containers and workload automation through the deployment of components. You can easily automate applications shifted to containerized environments and even cloud-native applications.
- Features hybrid workload automation to expand the automation environment.
- Automates and schedules the application development and testing. It can promote the applications into production and also provide a rollback option in case something goes wrong.
- Offers more than 35 business integrations to seamlessly integrate with business-critical applications such as Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, Hadoop ecosystem, and more.
- The self-service automation feature allows you to use catalogs and services to submit day-to-day business tasks. It allows you to run and monitor processes on-demand from your smart devices such as tablets and cell phones.
- Provides advanced rerun flexibility. Use Monitor Workload view to rerun job successors and build recovery logic right into job definition.
- Can pass data between jobs and job streams through variable passing feature.
- Uses SOAP, REST, Java, and other APIs to schedule and monitor workloads.
Website Link: https://www.ibm.com/products/workload-automation
The Stonebranch Workload Automation is designed to help organizations manage, automate and orchestrate IT processes across the entire hybrid environments. It is one of the best Automic Alternatives for real-time hybrid automation.
Stonebranch is a modern tool developed mainly for workflow orchestration. The powerful hybrid automation platform can orchestrate IT workloads, jobs, and tasks distributed on-premises or on the cloud environments.
It supports on-premise as well as SaaS deployments. Apart from this, it can also be used for DevOps automation, cloud automation, hybrid cloud file transfers, and more.
Key Features of Stonebranch:
- Has intelligent event-based scheduling features.
- Allows for big data management at scale.
- Promotes container-based workload management, automated infrastructure, and native MFT.
- Has features for security, high availability, cost optimization, and compliance.
- Offers centralized control over your entire job scheduling platform. Can holistically control tasks, jobs, scripts, and IT processes running on-premises, in a hybrid cloud, or even multi-cloud environments.
- Helps you achieve real-time automation across the entire hybrid IT environment.
- Allows for self-service automation through member roles and permissions.
- Leverages BI and Analytics for centralized control and insights. Promotes proactive monitoring, reporting, and real-time alerts.
- The drag-and-drop user interface allows you to easily create workflows.
- Advanced features such as Jobs-as-Code, bundle-and-promote, and Infrastructure-as-Code aligns the priorities between your DevOps and IT Ops teams.
- Offers unlimited third-party integrations or lets you download integration blueprints from the open-source marketplace.
Website Link: https://www.stonebranch.com/
AutoSys is the best Automic Alternative for complex, business-critical workloads. It is a powerful solution used to define, schedule, and monitor jobs across your entire workload infrastructure.
AutoSys provides deeper visibility and enhanced control over complex business workloads. It can automate workloads distributed over ERP systems, diverse platforms, and cloud environments. You can deploy the tool partially or entirely on-premises, in the public, private, or hybrid cloud environments.
Key Features of AutoSys:
- Offers advanced functionalities for the management of dependencies between traditional and Hadoop jobs.
- Allows Dev teams to write queries against automation engine with the help of Web service.
- Offers native support for SOAP and REST web service protocols.
- Optimizes resource utilization with the help of dynamic workload placement over cloud, virtual and physical resources.
- Features multi-platform scheduling and inbuilt fault tolerance.
7. Red Hat Ansible
Red Hat Ansible is a feature-packed automation platform that drives automation across your open hybrid cloud deployments. It is an ideal solution for automating IT infrastructure and applications. You can use the tool even if you don't have much knowledge of code.
Apart from automation, Ansible can be used for provisioning, app deployment, configuration management, continuous deployment, continuous delivery, orchestration, and security compliance.
With Ansible, you can convert tasks into repeatable playbooks. With just a click of a button, you can roll out protocols across your entire enterprise.
Key Features of Ansible:
- Speeds up production and helps you manage complex deployments and scale automation.
- It has an agentless architecture.
- Utilizes WinRM and OpenSSH.
- Integrates OpenShift Container with Ansible Automation Platform for simplified and agentless automation.
- Supports automating across containerized workloads and private clouds.
- Helps to provision network devices, bare-metal servers, and storage devices.
- Supports virtualization platforms such as RHV, Vagrant, and VMware vSphere.
- Provides containers and native Kubernetes management. Supports various Kubernetes tooling and frameworks.
- Supports infrastructure integrations for HPE, Red Hat, VMware, Windows, ServiceNow, etc.
Website Link: https://www.ansible.com/
8. Azure DevOps Server
Azure DevOps Servers consists of a diverse range of collaborative software development tools that allow businesses to share code, monitor workloads, and ship software. It supports on-premises development.
Key Features of Azure DevOps Server:
- Azure DevOps Server comprises modern, agile tools to help businesses plan, track and collaborate seamlessly with business teams.
- Azure Artifacts will help you build, host, and share packages with teams. You can easily add the artifacts to your CI/CD pipelines.
- Get access to more than 100 applications and services through the Extensions Marketplace.
- Access unlimited, cloud-hosted private Git Repos via Azure Repos.
- Offers exploratory and manual testing tools.
- Can integrate with your existing IDE.
9. Redwood RunMyJobs
Redwood RunMyJobs is an advanced workload automation solution that reduces unnecessary, time-consuming manual tasks. It offers automation tools for workload and scheduling and report and finance distribution. The solution is built upon a flexible, modern architecture that is meticulously designed to be deployed as-a-service to promote scalability and reap maximum benefits for enterprises.
It is one of the best Automic Alternatives designed for workload automation and job scheduling via SaaS. It has the ability to integrate diverse technologies to boost the digital transformation processes. It provides a unified console for workflows running on-premises, in the hybrid, private and public cloud environments. It fills up the technical gaps in complex processes running between cloud, virtual, distributed, and mainframe resources.
RunMyJobs solution can be used for complex data management, hybrid cloud automation, managed file transfers, and DevOps automation.
Key Features of RunMyJobs:
- Automates processes across hybrid, cloud, and on-premises environments.
- Centralizes orchestration of automation for ERP systems, Oracle, and SAP.
- Inbuilt SLA monitoring helps you meet critical business process deadlines.
- Coordinate and manage data pipelines to Snowflake, Hadoop, Redshift, and more.
- Offers support for SOAP and REST web services with simple API wizards.
- Provides out-of-the-box connectors to automate any application.
- The fully-hosted infrastructure reduces the costs, complexity, and maintenance lifecycle often involved in automation infrastructure.
- Features single-tenant, security-first design along with full encryption features to highly secure your data and processes.
Website Link: https://www.redwood.com/runmyjobs/
OpCon is a robust and flexible platform that is able to scale up per your requirements. It can run over 140, 000 jobs across multiple operating systems and environments. It can help you seamlessly shift from traditional platforms to new, technology-driven platforms with the help of industry-leading expertise, a rich library of legacy connectors, and REST APIs.
Key Features of OpCon:
- OpCon automation platform delivers ACH processing, Share draft and checking operations, and end-of-day process functionalities.
- All of the three solutions are scalable, reliable, and repeatable.
- These solutions are carefully designed to reduce costs related to manual errors.
- ACH processing helps detect new files and automatically triggers schedules. It can seamlessly integrate with connectors for Fiserv, Symitar, and Correlation. It also offers self-service automation to efficiently handle exceptions. It keeps track of each execution for in-depth audit trials and maintains real-time visibility.
- End of Day Processing executes 24/7 lights-out processing operations. This feature discards the need to work late shifts and odd hours. You can install SLAs along with other recovery actions for maximum flexibility.
- Share Draft and Checking feature automates schedules so you’ll never miss postings. This feature reduces manual key-entry errors and delivers seamless UX with faster processing.
Website Link: https://smatechnologies.com/opcon-automation
Businesses need to leverage a powerful solution to orchestrate their entire tech stack and centralize workload automation and job scheduling. The tools need to be flexible, reliable, and fast enough to provide unparalleled extensibility and optimization of workflows. These tools also need to have low-code, drag-and-drop GUI for ease of use.
The Automic Automation tool is no doubt one of the best tools available for workload automation. But if you’re looking for Automic Alternatives, then ActiveBatch and other alternatives mentioned here are quite intuitive, reliable, and offer good customer support.