LogMeIn has been one of the favorite remote access and support solutions for a long time. But now, long-time users are starting to look for a change. As of 2022, there are many great LogMeIn alternatives that you can find on the market that put up tough competition and are quite suitable for a replacement.
In this post, we will go through some of the best free LogMeIn alternatives and paid substitutes to help you decide how to make the change. Some of these solutions offer free simple solutions for individuals and other robust RMMs for MSPs.
What is suitable as a LogMeIn Alternative?
Before we continue with the list of the ten best LogMeIn alternatives, let’s define what type of software should be suitable as a replacement for LogMeIn.
LogMeIn Rescue (now GoTo) usually has a high score on popular review sites. It is one of the top remote software solutions with excellent features like file-transferring, screen-sharing, security for remote sessions, etc. However, as LogMeIn keeps adding new innovative features, their prices keep scaling up. And most of the time, admins would rather not use these new fancy features but prefer having a lower and more reasonable price. LogMeIn alienated a loyal customer base when they decided to remove their freemium.
So, what can you look for when finding an alternative to LogMeIn?
- Self-host or managed Decide whether you need to self-host a remote desktop solution or would rather have SaaS or managed service running it.
- Scalability If you are looking for MSPs or IT Teams solutions, consider remote access and support solutions with robust scalability. As the business grows, remote access solutions must adapt to grow without becoming overbearingly expensive.
- Flexible pricing Having multiple options to choose from and more control over how much you spend is a crucial decision-maker.
- Free vs. commercial Many free remote access tools are limited. But if you are an individual or freelancer, consider getting freemium. Freemiums are stepping stones to the commercial license when business grows. Plus, it gives room to admins to test a product.
- RMM capabilities Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) solutions provide the essentials for MSPs and IT departments. Aside from offering remote access and support solutions, they also offer automation, patch management, reporting, analytics, and more.
Bear in mind that not all remote support and remote desktop software is designed and built for the same capabilities (and use cases). When finding a LogMeIn alternative, always keep track of your requirements and resources.
Here is our list of the ten best LogMeIn alternatives:
- Dameware – FREE TRIAL A set of remote access and support solutions for different sizes of businesses and MSPs.
- ConnectWise Control A great LogMeIn alternative if you are looking for a more cost-efficient, more built-in tools and an easy-to-deploy remote desktop solution.
- Splashtop Widespread remote access and remote support software. Splashtop has a pretty flexible pricing plan for all your remote access needs.
- TeamViewer An old-time favorite remote access and support software suitable for individual and small teams and also great for large teams and enterprises.
- Zoho Assist A cost-efficient and simple but powerful cloud-based remote desktop, control, and support solution.
- Remote PC A cloud-based and cross-platform remote access and desktop solution; popular for small teams.
- AnyDesk A lightweight, fast, and cross-platform remote desktop software. Runs on-premise or cloud.
- N-able Take Control Bundled with one of the top-ranking RMM solutions. N-able Take Control is an excellent fit for MSPs and IT departments.
- Kaseya VSA A unique unified RMM solution with help desk access, support, incident resolutions, reporting, and more.
- MSP360 This comprehensive solution comes with backup, data, secure remote access, and RMM under a single-pane-of-glass. MSP360 is designed for MSPs or enterprises.
The Ten Best LogMeIn Alternatives
Dameware (from the SolarWinds family) has been one of the top-ranking remote access and support solutions and a long-time alternative to LogMeIn. Dameware offers a set of remote support software for every need, including Dameware Mini Remote Control (MRC), Dameware Remote Support (DRS) for on-premise deployments, and SaaS-based Dameware Remote Everywhere (DRE) for the cloud.
- Deploy remote support via the cloud with DRE.
- Connect securely with encryption and MFA.
- Control access with multi-level permissions.
- Remote access to sleep and powered-off computers.
- Built-in remote session tools and utilities with DRS.
Dameware is a cross-platform desktop sharing and remote control solution; it is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac computers. The software offers similar core functionalities as the SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) for Windows systems. It allows the support team to access remotely and control desktops and includes additional capabilities to ease troubleshooting.
Pricing & Licensing: The price for MRC starts at $294/tech, and for DRS, the price starts at $413 per install. Both licenses are permanent with one-year maintenance and unlimited connections. The price for DRE starts at $540.
How to Start? Download a fully functional 14-day free trial of any Dameware solution.
2. ConnectWise Control
ScreenConnect, now ConnectWise Control, was acquired by ConnectWise, an industry-leading provider of MSP technology and IT management software. ConnectWise Control has been and still is, one of the favorite remote desktop, access, and control solutions.
- 2FA and SSL connectivity.
- No need for a client app.
- 100+ integrations and extensions.
- Live stream sessions with ConnectWise View.
- Remote meetings.
The product comes in two editions, the ConnectWise Control Access, suitable for individuals and remote workers, and the ConnectWise Support, designed for MSPs and IT teams providing support. The ConnectWise Control software is self-hosted. It can be installed on a server, VM, or VPS and open direct connections to desktops (Windows, macOS, and Linux), mobiles (iOS and Android), and most popular web browsers.
Pricing & Licensing: One (single license at $24 one user, one connection), Standard (per concurrent tech at $39 one user, three connections), and Premium (per concurrent tech at $44 one user, ten connections). The prices are per month (paid annually).
How to Start? Get a free 14-day trial of ConnectWise Control Access.
Splashtop provides remote access and remote support software and services. It is a great LogMeIn alternative for various reasons. First, simpler and lighter than LogMeIn makes it a great replacement. And second, Splashtop also offers robust capabilities via a more flexible pricing plan.
- Enhanced security with 2FA and SSO.
- Supports Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
- Attended and unattended remote control.
- Remote computer management.
- Wide device support.
The Splashtop solutions are quite flexible. For instance, Splashtop Business Access is designed for individuals and teams. Splashtop SOS is ideal for IT support and HelpDesk. And the all-in-one remote access and support solution, Splashtop Enterprise, is a great fit for MSPs and multinational enterprises. All these solutions can be deployed on-premise, cloud-based, or via managed service.
Pricing & Licensing: Splashtop’s prices are quite flexible. For individuals ($5/month), individuals/teams ($8.25/month/user), larger teams ($6.19/month/user), Remote Support (47.90/month for up to 25 computers), and SOS ($17/month). Consult Splashtop’s pricing for more.
How to Start? Get a free 7-day trial of the SplashTop SOS.
Teamviewer is another excellent LogMeIn alternative for many good reasons. Although the pricing for TeamViewer Teams as compared to LogMeIn Rescue does not vary too much, Teamviewer does offer an advantage over LogMeIn. Their “multi-edition” edition is more price-accessible, and their free version is fantastic. In addition, TeamViewer has also improved its compatibility. The product can be used in desktops, mobiles, and browsers, including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS, and a wide range of IoT, Points of Sale, and digital signage devices.
- Robust security with 256-bit AES encryption and 2FA.
- Compliant with SOC2, HIPAA, ISO 27001, ISO9001, and GDPR.
- Permanent access to attended and unattended devices.
- Mobile-to-mobile connections.
- Collaborate, chat, take screenshots, or make videoconferences.
- Built-in secure file transferring and sharing tool.
Although TeamViewer (their original remote access and support) is often used by individuals or small teams as remote access software, TeamViewer also offers Teams and Multi-user versions and a fantastic range of products for different use cases. For instance, TeamViewer Tensor (built for remote enterprise connectivity), TeamViewer IoT (for accessing, controlling, and managing IoT devices), TeamViewer Assist AR (for remote support with Augmented Reality), and more.
Pricing & Licensing: Single User ($22.90/month for one device, one session), Multi-User ($77.90 for multiple devices/user accounts, one session), Teams ($145.90/month for multiple devices/user accounts, three sessions). Prices are per month billed annually.
5. Zoho Assist
Zoho Assist is another great LogMeIn alternative with some of the best cost-efficient plans. The cloud-based remote desktop, control, and support software is simple but does what you need. Zoho Assist allows individuals, IT help technicians, or entire MSP teams to connect to and manage remote desktops. With this product, technicians can establish attended or unattended remote support sessions and manage desktops, servers, or mobiles easily and securely.
- Enhanced security with AES 256-bit encryption, 2FA, and SSL.
- Easy integration with popular business workflow tools.
- Ad-hoc or demand remote sessions (no prior client needed).
- Unattended access to computers inside or outside a network.
- Voice and video chat during a remote session.
Zoho Assist comes in two different packages: Remote Support, and Unattended Access, with different pricing and features. Since Zoho Assist is cloud-based, it allows you to connect from multiple platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Chrome OS, or mobile Android, iPad, or connect directly using the desktop plugin.
Pricing & Licensing: For Remote Support, the product licenses are Standard ($8 for one tech/month), Professional ($13 for one tech/month), and Enterprise ($21 for one tech/month). For Unattended Access, Standard ($8 for 25 unattended computers/month), and Professional ($13 for 25 unattended computers/month). All prices are per month billed annually.
RemotePC by iDrive is another top LogMeIn alternative for 2022. RemotePC is a cloud-based dedicated remote access and remote desktop solution with fantastic pricing plan flexibility. Although RemotePC is popular among individuals and small teams, it can also scale up to large tech teams or entire help desks. It allows these teams to connect to remote desktops from any device, manage data or provide tech support.
- Low latency video chatting with Meeting add-on.
- Access RDP-based workstations and servers with RDP Connector.
- Centralized management for users and billing.
- File sharing with simple drag and drop.
- Web sessions without needing software installations.
RemotePC is known for being easy to use and secure. It is also known for its fantastic performance and low impact on a computer’s resources. RemotePC’s remote desktop software is supported on Windows PCs, macOS, Linux, Chromebook, iOS, Android, and multiple web browsers.
Pricing & Licensing: Consumer ($14.62 for one license, access to one computer), Consumer ($29.62 for one license, two computers), SOHO ($44.62 for unlimited licenses, five computers), SOHO($59.62 unlimited licenses, ten computers), Team ($224.62 unlimited licenses, 50 computers), and Enterprise($449.62 unlimited licenses, 100 computers). All plans are prices for the first year.
How to Start? Sign up to get a free 7-day trial of the RemotePC Team.
AnyDesk is a cross-platform, secure, lightweight, and fast remote desktop software. AnyDesk is a great alternative to LogMeIn, especially if you are looking for a much more cost-efficient solution and lightweight installation Plus, AnyDesk is also known for having great mobile support. The software runs on-premise and in the cloud.
- Interactive and unattended access and control to assets.
- Control iOS and Android devices via mobile device management
- Use group policies and permission profiles for user management.
- Enhanced security via 2FA and military-grade encryption.
- Collaborate via text chat and whiteboard.
AnyDesk is supported by the most popular platforms, including Windows, Linux, macOS, FreeBSD, ChromeOS, Android, iOS, and Raspberry Pi. Their proprietary DeskRT codec can help with higher frame rates, lower latencies, and higher bandwidth utilization to any setup (useful for Raspberry Pi deployments). Such deployment can help remote desktop software to adapt in areas with a small bandwidth and poor Internet connection.
Pricing & Licensing: Essentials ($9.90/month) includes basic features, Performance ($19.90/month/user), and Enterprise ($29.90/month/user). All plans are billed annually and vary in capacity and capabilities.
How to Start? Request a free 14-day AnyDesk trial
8. N-able Take Control
N-able (former SolarWinds MSP) is one of today’s most comprehensive IT service management solutions focused on providing Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM), security, and data protection tools for MSPs, IT departments, or enterprises. The N-able Take Control solution is a fast and secure remote control and support software. It allows technicians and support to view and control everything from a single admin dashboard.
- Access and control unattended connections.
- Fast file transferring system.
- Connect to new devices and users using a PIN code.
- Military-grade encryption and MFA.
- Real-time dashboards and reports.
- And many fantastic integrations.
N-able Take Control is one of the best alternatives to LogMeIn if you are looking for scalability. The software is integrated with the powerful N-able RMM tool and available from both the RMM and the N-Central platform. In addition, N-able Take Control is supported by Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android devices.
Pricing & Licensing: Obtain N-able Take Control via N-able RMM. For more information on N-able’s licensing and pricing, contact N-able sales.
How to Start? Register to start a 14-days free trial of N-able Take Control.
9. Kaseya VSA
Kaseya is a developer of IT management software targeting MSPs and IT Teams. Their all-in-one solutions can automate IT processes and monitor, manage, and secure endpoints. Aside from being a good alternative to LogMeIn, as Kaseya VSA also allows remote control for troubleshooting, support, and end-device management, the RMM product can do so much more.
- Automate patch management.
- Control access with 2FA and use encryption.
- Stealth-mode remote connections.
- Remote control sessions on Windows servers and workstations.
- Integrate with BMS and Vorex service desk solutions.
Kaseya VSA is their unified RMM remote monitoring and endpoint management solution. It can help technicians and help desk access endpoints to proactively solve issues. Additionally, the platform provides a way to manage all the devices, including issue and incident resolution, reporting, and compliance. A perfect fit for MSPs looking for a scalable remote access and support solution.
Pricing & Licensing: Not listed on the official site.
10. MSP360 Connect
MSP360 (former CloudBerry Lab) is a company that develops comprehensive backup and IT management solutions for IT departments and MSPs. Their MSP360 platform provides backup, data protection, secure remote access, and Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) capabilities, all under a single console.
- Web-based console to manage unlimited endpoints.
- Real-time connections based on WebRTC.
- Robust security, including 2FA and SSL encryption.
- Open a remote session in unattended endpoints.
- Session recording and Text/voice chat.
Although MSP360 is more popular as a backup and data solution, its remote support tool is quickly gaining popularity among system support teams as one of the best. Cloud-based MSP360 Connect Pro (formerly Remote Desktop) allows technicians to access and control Windows devices from any OS regardless of location. Although MSP360 Connect Pro is not cross-platform, it is a great alternative to LogMeIn, especially due to its rich feature-set and low pricing options. Other editions like MSP360 Connect Free and Managed are cross-platform (Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android).
Pricing & Licensing: The free plan (Connect up to five devices ), Pro ($89.99 annual per user), and Managed (use MSP360’s price calculator).